Published / 03/09/2015
Is your organisation leaving their Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) plans to the last minute? With just over three months left before the deadline (5th December 2015) to complete the report and submit, time is running out.
The reports is a mandatory energy assessment required by the Governments Environment Agency to implement Article 8 (4.6) of the EU Energy Efficiency Directive (2012/27/EU).
You are required to carry out this assessment if you fill the following criteria:
Any UK Company that either:
- Employees 250 or more people
- Has an annual turnover in excess of 50 million euro (£38,937.777), and an annual balance sheet total in excess of 43 million euro (£33,486,489)
- An overseas company with a UK registered establishment which has 250 or more UK employees (paying income tax in the UK)
To comply with the ESOS assessment you are required to have the following to be compliant:
- The ISO 50001 certification must remain valid at the compliance date
- An Energy Management System must cover all of the assets held and activities carried on by your organisation
This however is not an overnight process so plans need to be put in place soon to make sure your organisation doesn’t miss the deadline.
The NJW product ESOS365 provides more than a slick looking product but actually translates data sets from multiple data sources including meters, delivering a level of granularity to exceed the energy market recommendations and client requirements.
NJW’s knowledgeable advisers have extensive experience in helping clients reduce their operational energy consumption delivering an immediate return on investment (ROI).
If your corporation needs advice or further information on ESOS365 and how to be compliant the NJW advisers would be happy to help you. Please contact our advisers via the Solutions contact form.